4 steps to a portfolio with
higher returns & lower volatility
Torre Fund is a feeder fund based out of Singapore and incorporated as a variable capital
company under the laws of Singapore (Registration no. T20VC0028D-SF001). We aggregate
demand from individual investors in the Torre VCC Feeder Fund,
which in turn invests in specified opportunities.
Our Selection Process
- Our industry-first Alternative funds’ focused ML engine continuously scouts multiple databases to identify potential opportunities.
- Our team of analysts conducts detailed due diligence on selected opportunities, funds and fund managers and creates the investment rationale.
- Our 3-member independent investment committee scrutinizes every opportunity on 3-Fs and makes recommendation.
Fiduciary responsibility – how responsible is the fund with investor money.
Fund performance – How have their previous funds/investments performed.
Fund Manager quality – Lead Fund manager performance and team quality/consistency.
Plans change, and you may need your money earlier than anticipated. Our secondary market helps you liquidate your investments at short notice*, if required, to other investors on our platform.
*On best effort basis only, time required to liquidate investments can vary and likely to take up to 90 days.
Happen to already own LP interest in a leading fund?
Finding it difficult to service capital calls?
Or need funds for another purpose?
Using our secondaries marketplace, you can register your interest to sell your
LP interest to our network of HNI investors and Secondaries funds.
NAV – we pool LP
interests to negotiate a fair price for your assets
low and transparent
Frequently Asked Questions
How does it work?
Our Feeder fund in Singapore (Torre VCC) pools individual contribution from our investors for a selected opportunity/fund. Torre VCC in turn makes investment in the underlying fund, and takes
care of capital calls, capital distribution, fee payment etc. You can login to your account and view all your investments with current NAV and overall portfolio performance.
Who can invest?
All accredited investors (family offices, corporates and individuals) from all countries except United State of America can invest through our platform. An individual is considered an Accredited investor as per MAS definition if:
- the individual’s net personal assets exceed S$2 million (or its equivalent in a foreign currency), subject to the condition that the value of the individual's primary residence (after deducting any outstanding amounts in respect of any credit facility that is secured by the residence from the estimated fair market value of the residence) can only account for up to $1 million of the individual’s net person assets;
- the individual’s financial assets (net of any related liabilities) exceed S$1 million (or its equivalent in a foreign currency); or
- the individual’s income in the preceding 12 months is not less than S$300,000 (or its equivalent in a foreign currency).
Do I have control over investment selection?
You have 100% control over which opportunities to choose and which to leave. Your money will be deployed only to investments selected by you and nowhere else. We are always available to provide advice and support, but ultimate decision lies with the investor.
Is my money safe?
Our most important motto is capital preservation. There are multiple security checks in place to secure your money.
- All investor funds are parked with our custodian DBS Singapore. These funds can only be accessed by the fund manager in line with the fund investment strategy.
- The fund administrator Crowe Horwath operates independently of the fund manager, and acts as a second level of checks on all fund deposits and withdrawals
- Our fund manager is regulated by the Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS), and adheres to the strictest standards of control and audit with regards to client funds
- We do not make any investments without explicit approval of our investors, and neither do we charge any fees without providing prior information
What is the typical investment lifecycle?
It varies between 1-10 years, depending on the asset class. For PE/VC funds, the typical fund life is 10 years. For startup investment, it can be between 1 – 5 years or more. Secondaries transactions are typically processed in 45 – 90 days.
Do I have to pay the entire committed amount on Day 1?
No, we follow the underlying funds’ drawdown schedule. You are required to pay between 25 % – 30% at the time of investment, and then further capital call requests are made over a period of 2-3 years. This prevents unnecessary cash flow pressure on you, and improves overall returns.
How liquid are these investments?
Alternative investments (PE/VC/HF), Startup investments, and other esoteric funds generate high quality returns over a longer duration than stocks/bonds, and are illiquid investments requiring a holding period of up to 10 years. Despite our secondary platform, investors should be ready to hold on to their investments up to 10 years to enjoy expected returns.
Investors who need daily/weekly liquidity should reach out to us and understand all risks involved before committing capital.